Latest Movie :

Husbands are in trouble…

Chukwuneta Oby
If the boldness and charm that ‘small boys’ (I mean boys that are barely out of their teens) of these days exude (especially to ladies) is anything to reckon with, husbands are in trouble.
I have had an interesting encounter with two of such boys and I dare say I was affected.

Okay, one of those encounters was actually at the airport; we sat very close to each other and just as we queued up for boarding, he leaned closer and whispered “I love your perfume, what’s the name? ’’ Trust Oby, I whispered back and even asked, “do you want to get one for your woman?’’
He gave me one of the sweetest smiles I have ever seen before saying, “not really. I plan to look up the male version of it on the internet.” He then asked for my phone number (shortly after) and gave me his. So, disarming was his sweet disposition that I could not get myself to play one of my pranks with him. The prank? Giving him a phone number that I know he can never reach me on. This encounter took place less than two weeks back and just a few days back, I received a text message (from the same boy)and it read, “just checking on you, you ok?’’ Did I reply? I am not telling. I have no desire to incur ‘somebody’s’ wrath.
The second encounter was actually at a senior friend’s house. I had gone to apologise for my inability to attend a function that he invited me to and while waiting to see him, one of his sons came over to keep me company. Our ‘gist’ touched on various issues and out of the blues, the boy said, “you are a fine woman, do you know that? I have been looking at your face all the while we were talking.” I managed not to blush but that compliment (from a ‘fine boy’) planted a smile on my face all day such that I found myself stealing a glance at myself from every mirror(even those of parked cars) that I passed.
Some girlfriends that I chatted up on this issue all seemed to agree with me that the supposed ‘small boys’ seem to have a more exciting grasp on ‘romance,’ however fleeting. They just know what to say to a woman and leave her blushing all day. I am not saying that the ‘old schools’ (no pun intended) are not trying. It’s just beginning to look like they do not make the efforts anymore. Some of them will argue that such excitements are vain, compared to the ‘substance’ that a relationship actually needs. But truth remains that even the strongest of relationships can do with some ‘excitement/romance’ every now and then. Otherwise, it becomes boring, stifling a union with all that ‘seriousness.’
To the husbands, when was the last time you noticed that she looks/smells good and actually complimented her on it? Other men admire the very ‘efforts’ you are too busy to notice, you know?
Some men don’t even notice when their women have a new hair-do but are quick with criticism, when she does something wrong. I bet some men don’t know the size of their women’s ‘under wear’ or the name of her favourite perfume.
It won’t be nice if all the efforts that a woman makes to look good are lost on the very man, who should be her ‘cheer leader.’ And ‘trouble’ is when a woman doesn’t joke with her looks because of other men (and not her man) that notice her efforts…enough said.
Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. GIST'TA BLOG - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger